Sunday, May 15, 2011

Does Everyone Agree

=















I was in line at Office Depot yesterday and they had a small travel size Scope for 99 cents and I went ahead and bought it. And I forgot how weak Scope tasted. I think Scope was the first mouthwash I ever tried as a kid and used to see the bottle and think it was some kool-aid that my parents kept in the bathroom. And when I tried it I asked why in the world people would drink it, and they said its to make your mouth fresh. (Now to me at that time – to make your mouth fresh meant like …. You drink Scope and start talking back to your parents or saying bad words --- so I was real confused.)
Anyways, I didn’t get the whole mouthwash thing until I tried Listerine and it bit ya back where I realized the potency. Hence – the above illustration. I used to try to stick up for Go Bots when I was a kid, just to help out the little guy, but I went back and watched some episodes of Go Bots and I always thought it was pretty unlikely that the strongest bad Go Bot was the girl black car. (this was way before we were supposed to think girls are equal to guys.) So I think boys mutually felt like GoBots were pushing a liberal agenda and Transformers were pushing a conservative agenda and thus we know who is still respected in the present.
They never tried suggesting that Teela could match up to He-Man … knawmsayin. Even the purple evil teela girl could only maybe do a magic spell on he-man but never physically matchup. Only Skeletor and a few others.
BTW, if you are a scope swisher, I didn’t mean to offend, but I mean cmon, there is a difference. If you saw Clerks 2 you know there is a difference between Transformers and GoBots.

No comments:

Post a Comment